Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Three Weeks Old!

It's so hard to believe, but our little bunnies are three weeks old today.  Yikes!  We are completely and totally in love with them.  It still makes me cry to look at them every once in a while.  This past week, we got in lots of great walks in the awesome stroller Aunt Lise got for them.  They love it.  Cool!  Sometimes I want to stop complete strangers and say, "Hey!  These are my kids!".  Like, I'm sure they see that, but I just want to tell the world.


A walk in the park.

 
Dad thinks he can get away with you!

 
 More Sylvie smiles.


 
 Etienne and his best buddy, Bink.


I love Etienne's little frog legs!  Both babies are getting such personalities.  Sylvie decided to try being nocturnal this week.  We tried to convince her that was just for skunks.  She took pity on us last night and just stayed up until the midnight meal.  I've started calling them the Wolf Cubs for some reason.  Probably because they howl when they are hungry and then they eat like there's no tomorrow.  Yes, I know that wolves have pups, but my brain is fuzzy from lack of sleep and the strangest things come out of it.  The cats are getting braver about the babies, and they've both actually gotten close enough to sniff and run.  In the grand scheme of things, I suppose this is all very trivial, but we live for every moment of it.   

Things our babies like:  food, being held, binks, naps, Beatles songs being hummed at them at 1:00 in the morning.
Things our babies don't like:  baths.  They don't much care for cold wipes on their tushes either.  Can't blame them, I suppose.







2 comments:

  1. That's okay. Rabbit babies are called "pups" too. So it's completely appropriate! Can't wait to hold them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, look at that smile! It makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete