Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wow

Dear Bunnies,
Well, you've been home almost a week now.  Hard to believe!  You are more aware of each other everyday.  It's really awesome to watch.  Dad and I are so happy.  Rachel is feeling better, too.  I should tell you about when you were born.


I went up to Fort Wayne to help Rachel because she had been sick and you two were so heavy in her belly.  We had a wonderful couple days, just hanging out.  I'll be forever grateful for those days.  I showed her where I grew up, and she showed me the new ball park.  We were together when she went into labor -- nothing dramatic like in the movies.  You two just decided to give her fair warning that you were ready to be with the rest of us.  Rachel kept asking me questions to keep her mind off things, and we talked forever. 


Dad was in the OR when you were born.  
 
He got to see you first.  They let only one of us in, so he was it.  I joined you all in recovery as soon as they let me.  You two squirmed and made kitten noises. 
 
 
Etienne, you kept wrapping yourself around Sylvie.  You wanted to cuddle.  Sylvie, you just wanted to stretch out and sleep under the nice warming light.  No one could blame you.


When we all got to Rachel's room, I put you under my shawl sweater together, and you both settled right down and went to sleep.  
 
It was a most awesome moment.  We all just hung out together for a few minutes before they came to get you for your first bath.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw you guys the other night you looked truly blissful. I am SO happy that your dream finally came true. Corey was SO sad that he missed out on seeing the babes. We'll have to come by some other time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies R Us right now huh?!
    We need January to come for Matt and Eunice and we need our other two couples to get their leads and I will take a very big sigh of relief.

    I love the babies and I love you.

    ReplyDelete